CAC Football Club
The CAC football club committee was inaugurated in November 2017 with the task of discovering talents from the grassroots to form the football club that can compete against already established teams and win laurels both locally and internationally. The first edition of this annual grassroots football competition was organised last year but due to some constraints the final could not be played. In spite of the temporary setback, the committee was mandated to forge ahead to organise the second edition without delay and the grand finale of 2019 edition of CAC Football Competition was played on 7 December 2019 on JABU football pitch, Ikeji Arakeji. A trophy was presented by the CAC president, Pastor A.O. Akinosun.
Quality players have been discovered through this competition within two years of its existence and with all things being equal, a team that can be registered for state FA competition is already in place.
CAC football club is one of the youth empowerment programmes of the church and it is compulsory for every church assembly to have a football team, compete at district, zonal, and DCC levels. This will later metamorphose to regional teams that will participate in subsequent regional competitions.
The CAC FC board comprises of experienced football administrators and coaches. Pastor G.O. Folarin, a retired FIFA graded referee is the chairman of the board while Pastor Israel Akinlawon serves as the club secretary and media officer.
Aim And Objectives
The primary aim of this youth movement is character development; to make all youths “Born Again” be disciples of Christ and good citizen. This aim shall be achieved by:
- Teaching members the need for a sound knowledge of the word of God.
- Making members lead truly prayerful lives that are totally committed to private, regular, incessant daily prayers.
- Inculcating in every member the need to receive, possess and maintain the Holy Spirit of God, including the spiritual gifts, fruit and power, as enjoyed by the early Christians.
- Encouraging members towards steadfast love, honesty, chastity deeply Spiritual and Holy lives and worthy ambassadors of Jesus Christ at all times
- Training members in the principles and methods of soul winning and evangelism and making them go and convert all unbelievers by all peaceful and persuasive means as Christ’s witnesses always.
- Encouraging members towards good citizenship, self-reliance, resourcefulness, obedient, loyalty, mental alertness and thoughtfulness for others.
Promoting their physical development, training them in services useful to the public, handcrafts and professional skills useful to them.
To God alone belongs all the glory, honour and adoration, new National director was appointed on Tuesday 8th June, 2021 with the assignment to remold, restructure and re-establish peace in the organization in person of Pastor S. O. O. Olabisi.
National Organising Secretary And Assistant
Pastor E. B. Adegbite was appointed national Organizing Secretary and Pastor S. O. Oludahunsi as the Assistant, to take up the administrative work of the organization, their appointment takes effects from 1st April, 2022.